2013 Silver Spike Award Categories - For communications programs
2013 Bronze Spike Award Categories - For communications tactics
Programs and measurement must occur substantially between October 1, 2012 and September 30, 2013.
Any communications practitioner who is based in Northern Nevada (Tonopah and north and east to the Utah border), the Tahoe Basin or in the Truckee Meadows including north to Susanville, CA.
Any program (Silver Spike) or tactic (Bronze Spike) developed by professionals based in Northern Nevada, the Tahoe Basin or in the Truckee Meadows. Neither the program nor tactic need be executed within Nevada.
Program or tactic entries are allowed in multiple categories. Winners in programs and tactics in 2012 may not enter the same program or tactic into the same category or tactic for 2013 Silver Spike or Bronze Spike Awards
System based on 100 points total. A minimum of 3 judges per entry. Minimum points to win a Silver Spike: 80; to win a Bronze Spike: 80. Additional awards include Judges Award and Award of Excellence.
Two page summary form outlining:
- Research: content and situational analysis to support the need for the program
- Budget: the budget associated with the program or tactic
- Goal/Action: what program/tactic aimed to achieve
- Objective: measureable change in outcome/attitude over a period of time
- Strategies/Communications: specific efforts to cause the change
- Tactics: specific integrated communications elements to effect the change
- Evaluation: measurement of objective to actual outcome
Entries should be organized as follows:
- Two copies of completed entry form
- Table of contents
- Program summary and overview with a clearly stated objective (2 pages maximum), broken down into the major individual judging categories. (see attached judging worksheet )
- Support materials and examples of work
- A brief (50-70 word) description of your entry, to be used in news release in the event your entry wins a Silver Spike
The 2013 Silver & Bronze Spike Awards will be judged by the Public Relations Society of America’s Greater Salt Lake Chapter.
- The entry fee for PRSA members: $40 for the first entry, $30 for each additional entry.
- The entry fee for non-members: $50 for the first entry, $40 for each additional entry.
- Please make checks payable to PRSA-Sierra Nevada Chapter.
- A completed entry form should accompany each entry along with payment.
ENTRIES ARE DUE BY 6 P.M. FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2013. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
Submissions can be emailed to Jane Holman, Awards Chair at Jane@IntegratedCorporateCommunications.com. Submission format: Digital, PDF or WORD file format.
Submissions can also be dropped off on disk/jump drive at the Silver Spikes Drop Off Happy Hour at Swill (3366 Lakeside Ct., Reno) on October 4, 2013 between 5-6PM.
You may also contact Jane to make other arrangements at (775) 815-4121.
All participants are invited to attend the Silver Spikes Drop Off Hosted Happy Hour at Swill on October 4, 2013 between 5-6PM.
Contact Silver Spike Judging Chair Jane Holman, 775-815-4121(cell) or Jane@IntegratedCorporateCommunications.com
Winners will be notified by Nov. 8, 2013 and announced Thursday, November 14, 2013 at the annual Silver Spike Awards Dinner presented by the Sierra Nevada Chapter.